Hardeeville Fire Department is accepting applications for the position of Engineer (Driver/Operator).
This application period will be open until filled.
There will be a physical ability test, written test and practical evolution as part of the process. Testing dates to be determined.
- IFSAC or Pro-Board Firefighter II
- EVDT or equivalent
- NIMS: 100, 200, 700, 800
- SCFA Pump Ops 1 or equivalent
- Valid Class ‘E” driver’s license or equivalent
- Basic Aerial Ops or equivalent
- IFSAC or Pro-Board Driver/Operator Certified
- Two years as a full-time firefighter
- EMT, AMT, Paramedic
All applicants must meet the following standards:
- Must be 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma or GED, and a valid driver’s license with no suspensions in the last 3 years
- Submit to employer’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Out of state applicants MUST submit a 10-year driving record with their application
Starting salary: $40,747-$44,006 depending on qualifications. This does not include regularly scheduled overtime.
Applications can be obtained from Hardeeville Fire Department or the City Employment Page
*Applications that are not filled out completely, will not be considered*
Applications must be submitted to:
City of Hardeeville
Attn: Deputy Chief
P.O. Box 609
Hardeeville, SC 29927
All applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to offer of employment. The City of Hardeeville is an EOE and E-Verify user