Full Time Planning Technician
The City of Hardeeville has an immediate opening for a full-time Planning Technician. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in review and revision of City's Ordinances and codes
- Attends and prepares minutes of Board/Commission meetings
- Coordinates and processes planning applications and submittals
- Directs customers to the appropriate development resources
- High level of support to all staff to the Development Services functions, elected and appointed officials, and the general public
- Maintains submittal database and filing system
- Manages annual registrations
- Prepares general support material and reports
- Researches planning issues
- Responds to public information requests
- Reviews sign permits
Periodically attendance at evening meetings will be required. In addition, the position requires training on Building Inspections software for occasional backup of Building Inspections service counter.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgement.
- Bachelor's degree and/or planning experience is preferred
- Four years related office experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Prefer coursework from an accredited university, trade school, or related technical institute
Application and resume including cover letter and references accepted until position filled and should be sent to:
Lori Pomarico, City Clerk
P.O. Box 609
Hardeeville, SC 29927
Email Lori Pomarico
All applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to offering employment. The City of Hardeeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify user.