City Council Members
Harry WilliamsMayorJune 2, 2016 - Present
- Born in Philadelphia, PA. September 21, 1949. 2nd child in a family of 10.
- Married 36 years to Beth.
- Beth and Williams have a daughter, Lauren 32, and a son, Jared 28.
- Lived in Mahwah, NJ from 1993-2015.
Public service in Mahwah, NJ
- Served 5 years as City Councilman.
- Served 1 year as Council President and 2 years as Council Vice-President.
- Served 3 years on the Planning Board.
- Served 8 years as Chair of the Volunteer Recreation Committee.
- Served 3 years as president of the Mahwah Raiders Youth Soccer Club.
- Served 10 years as a youth sports coach.
Education and business background
- Graduate of Rutgers University with a BA in Economics, 1971.
- 42-year veteran of the footwear industry.
- Currently retired.
Record in Hardeeville
- Elected to City Council September 22, 2015 in a Special Election to fill a vacated seat. Installed October 1, 2015.
- Elected to mayor for a 4-year term on May 10, 2016 after running unopposed. Installed June 2, 2016.
- Chairman. Southern Low Country (SoLoCo) Advisory Board. August 2017-Present.
- Board member. Southern Carolina Alliance. July 2016-Present.
- Board member. Jasper County Chamber of Commerce. January 2018–Present.
David SpissoCity Council Member
Military Service & EducationDavid Spisso, the grandson of Italian immigrants, grew up in New Jersey, and then left to enlist in the U.S. Navy. Following an appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1967. He was a Commissioned Naval Officer, earned his wings as a Navy Pilot and retired after 25 years of Naval Service.
Government WorkMr. Spisso settled in Macon, Georgia and worked as the Vice President of Acquisition Management Incorporated, a company that restructured and refinance commercial loans. He was a Founding Father of the Youth Soccer Association and throughout the next 20 years he served as its President, as a State licensed Coach and a USSF certified Referee. He was selected to carry the torch prior to the 1996 Olympic Games. He was a Board member and volunteer for the Greater Hardeeville Chamber of Commerce, and has been involved in many of the Chamber's events and activities.
Personal LifeMr. Spisso has been married for 43 years, and he has two sons and six grandchildren.
John CarrollMayor Pro Tem
Bo WhiteCity Council Member
National Program Recognition
Carolyn KasselCity Council Member
Career & Education